The Healthy Food Revolution
Despite all the breakthroughs in nutritional science, rates of obesity, Alzheimer’s, and diabetes continue to rise, heart disease is still the world’s #1 killer, and the war on cancer has turned into something of a costly stalemate. What’s the missing piece? It’s 2019, and we have generations of research behind us, so why did 11 million people, according to the Global Burden of Disease report, die last year from diseases that were fueled by diet and lifestyle? And more importantly – what can we do about it?! Join bestselling author and “food revolution” leader Ocean Robbins to learn about the neuroscience of habit change, the root sources of human motivation, the right use of willpower, how to be a positive influence on the food choices of patients (and family members!), and what it’s going to take to reverse the chronic disease epidemic in our lifetimes.
- Review the neuroscience of habit change.
- Discuss the root sources of human motivation.
- Review how to effectively utilize willpower.
- Compare differing motivations at various stages of life.
- Reveal methods of positively influencing the food choices of patients, friends, and family.