Whole Food, Plant-Based Cooking for Families
Join these two chef-MDs as they cover how to set children up for healthy eating success and how to plan family meals that are enjoyable for everyone at the table. We will address food choices during gestation and breastfeeding, first foods, healthy eating from young childhood through teen years, and the importance of caregivers’ food-related habits. The workshop includes plenty of opportunities for you to prepare (and eat!) simple, whole-food, plant-based dishes the whole family can enjoy.
- Understand what can be done to maximize the likelihood that children will enjoy eating healthy food.
- Identify which foods are part of a nutritionally-sound, predominantly whole-food, plant-based diet from first foods through teen years.
- Develop strategies to address food-related struggles with children of all ages.
- Learn eating habits that caregivers can model to help facilitate the development of healthy eating habits in children.
- Prepare simple, delicious, healthy, plant-based dishes with the help of certified chef-MDs.
Registration will be limited to the first 24 people.