Narrative Medicine: Better for Patients, Better for YOU!
Narrative Medicine is a patient-centered approach designed to put “relationship” and “care” back into healthcare. It is a way for professionals to better hear and absorb what patients have to say, understand their concerns, and enter into the patient world…all in order to better know what can be done for their care. It is particularly practical for Lifestyle Medicine practitioners, who want to go beyond transactions and tests to focus holistically on their patients, and who also want to embrace their own humanity and well-being.
This workshop will explore the premises and practice of Narrative Medicine and offer an opportunity to experience the protocols that lead to more openhearted professionalism, benefiting both patients and their care providers.
Given the interactive nature of this workshop, space is limited so please register soon.
- Understand history and theory of Narrative Medicine
- Experience Narrative Medicine protocols
- Learn Narrative Medicine practices for patients
- Learn Narrative Medicine practices for yourself
- Share collectively with like-minded colleagues