Implementing Successful Lifestyle Medicine Reimbursement
Lifestyle Medicine is the transformative, sustainable care model that delivers on the four overarching HP2020 goals, but it will never become a reality unless financially viable. This workshop will guide the participant to assess, plan, and execute their own reimbursement strategy; build a sustainable reimbursement plan; and identify next steps for making Lifestyle Medicine a profitable career. We will discuss reimbursement models for immediate implementation while preparing for value-based models most favorable to sustaining lifestyle medicine. We will share our experience providing sustainable lifestyle medicine services and what we have learned through the ACLM Reimbursement MIG; including group, individual, telehealth, intensive therapeutic lifestyle change, Cardiac Rehab, Primary Care First, Pay for Performance, capitated and hybrid reimbursement models. The final part of the workshop will include a panel of LM providers sharing their successful reimbursement experiences. These may include John Gobble, DrPH, RDN, FACLM, Ted Barnett, MD, FACLM, Padmaja Patel, MD and Meagan Grega, MD, FACLM.
- Identify the basic requirements for health plan reimbursements.
- Describe at least 3 reimbursement models
- Discuss appropriate billing and diagnosis code requirements for successful claims
- Build a reimbursement proforma appropriate for a profitable LM practice plan
- Describe the reimbursement experiences of at least 2 successful LM providers
Price $90 members | $120 non-members