Clinical Application of Lifestyle Medicine Strategies to Prevent and Reverse Cognitive Decline associated with Alzheimer’s Disease
While conventional medicine provides no viable treatment or prevention for Alzheimer’s Disease, lifestyle medicine, when properly applied, provides the foundational strategies for successful treatment outcomes.
After attending this workshop, the attending will be able to:
- Discuss the morbidity and mortality statistics relating to dementia and specifically to Alzheimer’s Disease.
- Outline the current research regarding the efficacy of medications for Alzheimer’s patients.
- Review the evidence-based research protocol used to improve cognitive function in patients with MCI and early Alzheimer’s Disease.
- Describe the six subtypes of Alzheimer’s as outlined by researchers at the UCLA Center for Alzheimer’s Research.
- Explain why Alzheimer’s is sometimes referred to as type 3 diabetes.